Alphabet Sales: Adwords: 72% / Adcents = 16%.
2/3 of employees are assigned to Google Adwords
Each quarter: + 20% increase
World market share: Google represents 92% of the world search engine market (Bing: 2.7% / Yahoo: 2,2%)
Google queries :
- 30,000 billion pages are indexed by Google
- 20 billion sites are visited by Google every day
- 3.3 billion requests are made every day
- 15% of requests are new requests
Voice request: everyone must think about it referencing. It's the next train coming through. That people say to do research.
An Adwords account can run with 1€/day and one cent /
click (record = ???? / ex: locksmith in Paris on Sundays)
Google Adwords becomes a professional objective.
Google AdWords is Google's advertising agency.
This one displays ads or banner ads either on Google or on the Display partner network, which are targeted according to the keywords that you type the Internet user or according to his or her behaviour of navigation.
Advertisers pay when the user clicks on the advertising according to an auction and quality system: more the ad will be relevant to the user, the more the price at the click will be low and the ad highlighted. This is to encourage advertisers to provide relevant information in relation to the user's request.
"AdWords" comes from "Ad" for Advertising:Advertising and Words: words.
ENTRANCE POINT: of all companies ==> Google Map.
LOCATION: example from the lab site (The Office = different results)
TEST: address claim / add website / Link Google Adwords to Google map to do live!
GOOGLE ANALYTICS: allows you to see the number of people who post your ads, visit your website or call your company.
ONLINE SHOP: If online shop: Google shopping show visitors in real time on Google analytics / site visit.
COST: Registration with Google AdWords is free. No visitors, no fees. You only pay when a person visits your site, clicks on your ad or calls you.
DOs & DON'Ts
ATTRACT MORE CUSTOMERS:
Attract new visitors to your website
Increase online sales
Building customer loyalty
ADVERTISE LOCALLY OR GLOBALLY:
Target ads to customers in specific countries, regions or cities, or at a defined distance from your company or store.
REACH THE RIGHT PEOPLE AT THE RIGHT TIME:
Your company is detected by people on Google when they search for exactly what you are offering
PREPARE A CAMPAIGN
1. OBJECTIVE: Set yourself several objectives to track
2. GEOLOCALIZATION: Luxembourg: targeting the country rather than the city
3. LANGUAGE: Select the language
4. STATISTICS: Compare official population figures and Adwords figures: spectacular result
5. SUPPORT: Mobile distribution / PC / Tablet: choice to be made
6. IPHONE: Advertising basket on Iphone is more important than on other brands
7. MOBILE: You can do everything from your mobile: so don't just target computers
8. STRATEGY: Make low manual auctions and increase them as they go along: Keywordstools / Google trends (show difference by country, seasonality of requests, Linkedin and Viadeo difference)
9. REDIRECT AN AD: 2 lines = 140 characters / 2 description lines = 80 characters. Do it live with the lab audience. Writing tips. Key words
CTR = the click rate should not be too low or too high
10. RE-TARGETING DISPLAY: tool that allows you to format all ads at once
ASSIGNMENT: HOW TO ASSIGN THE VALUE OF MY CONVERSION? ALLOCATION RULES WITH INTERESTING VISUALS.
MANAGE A CAMPAIGN
- COMPETITIVE INTELLIGENCE:
Watch what the competitors are doing and what's new in Adwords
- SEARCH TERMS:
Look at the terms that triggered the visit to exclude or add terms
- MONITOR BUDGETS:
Adjust your budget whenever you want. In addition, without a contract, you can end your campaign at any time without cancellation fees.
- TESTS AB:
Have several ads to test the best one.
==> Example: book "Tim Feriss: the 4-hour week": title chosen according to a Google Adwords campaign. Huge commercial success
- ULTIMATE OBJECTIVE:
ROAS target (Return On Advertising Spend): indicator that measures whether or not the marketing channel you use is profitable.
1. ADVERTISEMENTS: Graphic ads are displayed on more than 2 million websites and more than 650,000 applications.
Several ways to display:
- Text: 1 title, 2 lines, 1 URL.
- Banner: With images or rich media, these ads allow you to include personalized layouts, interactive elements, animations...
- Gmail: Internet users can record, forward and broadcast your ad in their inbox.
- App: Create a campaign targeting specific mobile application categories and track the performance of ads embedded in an application.
2. VIDEOS: Video ads are only shown to the people you want and you only pay if they watch your video.
• Get your ad live: once your video is created, you create a Youtube account and then upload it.
• Choose where your ad will appear: you can choose your audience according to their age, sex, place of residence, interests....
• Budget: Define your budget and use Google Analytics to see what works.
3. APPLICATIONS: This is a simple way to promote your application.
• Create and customize
• Define your budget
• Find high quality users
- Quality Score: auctions weighted by site quality level (e. g. one click increases this quality level)
- Speed test: if the site is fast, satisfaction increases. This has a big impact on Adwords performance. Visual + live test with customer and competitor site (same as with a 3G connection)
- Linkedin: significant B to B targeting potential. We can track Linkedin users who visit our page and use it on Adwords. Then reload them (much cheaper and simpler than Linkedin ads).
- Hotjar: On-site script that tracks mouse movements and films Internet users' navigation. This makes it possible to improve a site through a concrete user experience.
- Google Analytics is indigestible. It is therefore necessary to make a Google Data Studio ==> update automatically. A document given to the CEO allows him to have an overview and make adjustments.
- Assignment rules: multidevice requires to assign to the different channels: mobile / PC / Tablet. ROI must be adapted to distribute the notion of conversion.